Pages

Acceptance


June 5, 2016

I am walking on a sidewalk of a concrete jungle. I feel as if I do not belong here.

Green field appears before me.  No one is there. I make my way to the pavilion and sit at a wooden table. The wind is calm. Birds are chattering around me.

I see a man without a shirt playing basketball on a faraway court. He is near a red slide. Another man is walking to the middle of the field. He sits down and begins to read. He is wearing a blue jacket.

I wonder how many students come here to study.

People are walking down the sidewalk near the basketball court.

On the same court, but at a different basket, are now two young women. One of them is dribbling and makes the shot.

I feel homesick.

I look down. There is a giant crack in the cement on one side of all three tables.

I notice a tree next to the pavilion. I walk in front of it and look up. There is a nest in the branches. The call of the birds grows louder.

The wind is picking up even more. I sit down again at the table in my blue sweater coat, blue jeans and black shoes.

The wind is getting worse and it makes me glad that I have my hair tied back in a ponytail.

The wind is a little cold, too.

I always think of one friend when I go on these walks. We lost touch a long time ago. I reached out to her again and she never replied. I wish we could stay friends forever.

Someone is driving a boat shaped Go-Kart in circles on the street to my right. The man is still reading in the field, while the man on the court misses the shot and the women are no longer playing basketball.

Like characters in a book, people come and go.
 
The man on the court puts on a shirt.

I make my way back onto the sidewalk. I see clouds to the left and blue sky to the right.

A new
chapter is coming. I can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment